Prekindergarten is an important part of your child’s educational journey. Research shows that students who attend prek have higher levels of educational attainment and are more likely to graduate from high school and college. Lovejoy ISD believes in the importance of ensuring all children have the opportunity to participate in a high quality prekindergarten program to ensure a successful start for kindergarten and beyond.
Prekindergarten Registration Opens January 23, 2023
Who is eligible to participate in Lovejoy ISD's prekindergarten program?
Children who are 4 years old by September 1st of the year entering prekindergarten are able to participate through 2 pathways:
- Prekindergarten Eligible Students - Free for students who meet one of the Texas Education Agency's criteria and are residents of Lovejoy ISD.
- Tuition Based Students
What are the criteria for participating in Lovejoy ISD's prekindergarten program for free?
Documentation will be required to demonstrate your child meets at least one of the criteria listed below.
- Your child speaks another language other than English or another language other than English is spoken in your home. If this criteria applies, your child's English proficiency level will be evaluated through an in person assessment. Your child will qualify as an eligible student if the assessment indicates that his/her English proficiency is limited.
- The child's family meets the federal income guidelines for the National School Lunch Program.
- The child is homeless.
- The child's mother or father is an active duty member of the armed forces.
- The child's mother or father was killed or injured while serving in active duty.
- The child is currently or was previously in foster care.
- The child's mother or father is a peace office, fire fighter, or an emergency medical first responder who is eligible for the Star of Texas Award.
What is the process for determining if my child qualifies as a Prekindergarten Eligible student?
1. If you feel your child meets as least one of the eligibility criteria listed above, please complete the Prekindergarten Parent Questionnaire.
2. Once the form is submitted, a Lovejoy ISD staff member will contact you through email to communicate the next steps in the qualification process.
3. Families will be notified beginning April 1, 2023, whether their child qualifies for free prekindergarten.
What is the tuition for participating in Lovejoy ISD's tuition based prekindergarten program?
Lovejoy ISD's prekindergarten school day tuition is set by the Texas Education Agency. Below is the tuition for the 22-23 school year. School day tuition for the 23-24 school year has not been released.
School Day Tuition
Before and After School Tuition
How do I register for prekindergarten in Lovejoy ISD as a tuition based student?
Open registration begins on January 23, 2023. To reserve your spot in the program, you will need to complete the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Complete the Prekindergarten Parent Questionnaire.
Step 2: Complete the Prekindergarten Registration Packet.
You may complete the packet digitally and email it to [email protected] or print it and bring a hard copy to the front office of the Lovejoy Child Development Center.
You will also need to provide the following documents along with your registration packet.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Physician's Release Form (Document can be found in the registration packet.)
- Updated and current immunization record or valid state exemption
- Proof of Residence
Step 3: Pay a $350 registration fee.
This fee will be deducted from your child's annual tuition and is waived for LISD employees.
You may pay this electronically by using the link below or provide a check to the Lovejoy Child Development Center office. Please make checks out to Lovejoy ISD.
What are the school day hours?
Our school day for prekindergarten begins at 7:45am and ends at 3:00pm on Monday through Friday. Students may be dropped off as early as 7:15am. For an additional tuition fee,students may participate in our before and after school program which opens at 7:00am and closes at 6:00pm. Prekindergarten students follow the Lovejoy ISD student calendar.
What certifications do Lovejoy ISD's prekindergarten teachers hold?
All prekindergarten teachers are certified in Early Childhood Education as well as English as a Second Language. In addition, some hold a certification in Special Education.
How does Lovejoy ISD's prekindergarten involve families and the community?
Lovejoy ISD's Prekindergarten Family Engagement Plan outlines all of the ways that families and the community can play an integral part in their child's prekindergarten education.
Who do I contact for more information?
For information regarding the prekindergarten program at the Lovejoy Child Development Center, contact Amanda Puckett [email protected]